Director, International Health Economics & Outcomes Research - #4834624
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Director International Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) – Germany, France, Spain and Turkey
REPORTS TO: SENIOR DIRECTOR HEOR, HEAD OF THE INTERNATIONAL & JAPAN REGION
This is what you will do:
The Director International Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) is responsible for the strategic development and execution of health economics and outcomes research strategies to support access of Alexion products across the therapeutic disease areas for Germany, France, Spain and Turkey. The position will be based in the Alexion research facility in Barcelona, Spain or Dublin Ireland.
The position is part of the Global HEOR team. Through key leadership and partnership across cross-functional teams, the job holder embeds global HEOR strategy into broader disease area and clinical development strategies. This collaboration builds strategies to demonstrate and differentiate the value proposition and corresponding scientific evidence of Alexion products for payers, patients, clinical institutions and other key influencers. The HEOR Director partners with and provides thought leadership to Market Access, Clinical Development and Commercial teams focusing on the specific HEOR needs and requirements for Germany, France, Spain and Turkey. This role reports directly to the Senior Director HEOR, Head International & Japan.
You will be responsible for:
Utilizes in-depth knowledge of disease area and portfolio strategy in combination with health economics and outcomes research to execute and tailor the HEOR strategy and tactics for Germany, France, Spain and Turkey in close collaboration with medical affairs, market access and commercial. Ensures payer/HTA relevant endpoints and evidence generation strategies are implemented throughout the product lifecycle. Accountable for the following:
- Builds collaborative relationships with cross-functional leaders across Medical Affairs, Commercial, Market Access, and Patient Advocacy within the the French, German and Turkish affiliates to maximize evidence generation efforts to optimize launch and sustained reimbursement throughout the product lifecycle
- Partners with the GHEOR Therapeutic Area (TA) heads to develop TA business strategies and clinical development plans that will provide a competitive advantage to differentiated payer & HTA evidence; drives efficient and innovative HEOR study development and study execution and dissemination to support the needs of the German, French, Spain and Turkish affiliates.
- Continually monitors the global marketplace for patient access issues and creates plans to demonstrate how HEOR evidence can support the value and differentiation of assets across the product portfolio
Ensures Alexion maintains external credibility and relationships to validate research findings and communications. Accountable for the following:
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with key HEOR experts, decision makers, and customer segments to foster and maintain Alexion’s credibility to support the value and reimbursement of Alexion products
- Delivers presentations on behalf of Alexion at various HEOR industry and scientific forums and/or contribute to publications
- Maintains the relationship with external HEOR agencies and monitors their performance to ensure that performance and deliverables meet business expectations
Contributes to the global HEOR infrastructure to provide direction and guidance. Accountable for the following:
- Provides HEOR leadership and guidance to Alexion Germany, France, Spain and Turkey making sure these markets have access to the most relevant, up to date and appropriate HEOR tools and evidence needed to gain, maintain and improve patient access.
- Supports the development of best practices in HEOR including research methodologies and study designs
- Provides global oversight and guidance to country teams to tailor the global HEOR strategies into local HEOR tactical plans enabling strong Health Technology Assessment Country Dossiers.
- Identify areas for HEOR process improvements, economies of scale, and other quality and efficiency measures
You will need to have:
- PhD, MSc in health economics or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years prior experience in HEOR or Market Access in the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry
- Indepth understanding and experience of health economic modeling, preferably previous hands on experience.
- Extensive expertise in real world data and evidence generation using primary and secondary data (hands on experience).
- Understanding of the global international market access landscape
- Experience from working and negotiating with payers and HTA agencies at national or regional level.
- Knowledge of the drug development and commercialization process within pharma
- Recognized as a strong leader with a proven track record of effectively managing, influencing and developing people including those who are not direct reports: demonstrated ability to lead and deliver results in a matrix environment, and solve complex issues that cross multiple stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of effectiveness as a team player; excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent project leader who can effectively manage multiple competing priorities to completion
- Flexibility and adaptability to internal and external change
- Fluent in English spoken and written
- Fluent in German and/or French spoken and written
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
We would prefer for you to have:
- Experience and knowledge in rare disease conditions
- Experience in the development and or application of patient reported outcome measures
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact [email protected] Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you're interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.