ED 2023 Fatigue & Damage Tolerance Analysis Engineer - #4441062
Job Description:Job Description
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and validate metallic, composite & hybrid structures for Fatigue and Damage Tolerance, using Airbus Defence & Space methods, to assess design solutions for a whole range of tasks, potentially from concept and structural development to certification and in-service maintenance
- Sizing of the structural components, parts and assemblies from Fatigue point of view
- Definition of fatigue loading spectra for lightweight structures in military programs
- Determination of fatigue allowable stress levels for dimensioning
- Selection of manufacturing technologies, materials and standards during the sizing
- Support the structural design process to ensure required quality is achieved for F&DT within direct area of responsibility
- Definition and establishment of the certification/qualification fatigue documents
- Definition of inspection programs based on fracture mechanic approaches
- Structural test definition, support and analysis of the tests
- Participation in the development of the technological areas of engineering and manufacturing
- Support to develop the DDMS workflow
- Engineering and Technologies: Structural and System installations design, Materials & Processes, Weight & Balance, Standardization, R&D
- Operations: Manufacturing Engineering, MRB
- Services: Back office of Services Engineering, Maintainability, Technical Publications, Services Bulletins
- University Aeronautical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in Fatigue & DT Structural Analysis of airframe components, mainly but not limited to metallic structures
- Knowledge of structural analysis in general and design details of airframe
- at least basic experience in stress/fatigue tools (standard FEM codes and SW packages)
- Knowledge of standard references: books, papers, standards, etc
- Metallic and composite materials behavior knowledge
- Fluent English language
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Company:Airbus Defence and Space SAU
Contract Type:Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Experience Level:Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
Job Family:Structure & Dynamic Systems Analysis <JF-EN-EN>
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected] .
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.