AD, IT BP Intl' Data, Analytics & Insights - #4440955
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
IT Business Partner International
Data, Analytics & Insights (Rare Disease Unit)
This is what you will do:
The IT Business Partner, International Data, Analytics & Insights is responsible for Business engagement and IT alignment at global , regional and country/market level. She/he is responsible of Data, Analytics & Insights cross functional IT demand and delivery portfolio management, enabling strategic alignment, business growth and performance, leveraging the power of Data & Technology to generate business visibility and insights, support existing processes and ensure high level of adoption and prepare our region for next gen of Data solution (AI, ML, etc).. He/She act as interface between International Rare Disease business teams (regional & markets) , International IT business partners (with main focus on commercial, medical, digital & innovation) and our Global Data COEs spread cross geography (US, Ireland, Spain/Barcelona) . Strong understanding of Data EU regulation and compliance strongly recommended.
This role is located in our Alexion Barcelona Hub in Spain and reports to the Head of IT International Rare Disease Unit based in Zurich International HQ .
You will be responsible for:
- Act as main IT point of contact for Rare Disease business for all Data, Analytics & insight related matters (roadmap, demand & delivery management, new capability, gap analysis & resolution etc)
- Responsible for Business partnership & IT strategic alignment supportive of Business & IT/Data COEs objectives and priorities, road mapping, solution co-design, co-creation and delivery , and identifying opportunities to bring value to our business and patients leveraging Enterprise Technology, Digital & Data capability
- Ensure IT solution and services are delivered on-time, effective, with high quality and adequately communicated and socialized for enhanced user experience and solution adoption. Lead our improvement effort, identify gaps, build action plan for resolution/enhancement, ensure high level of adoption cross our geography
- Agile way of working , user experience and performance focused
- Responsible for leading the translation of business requirements to functional and technical requirements, planning and project managing on execution, through sprint cadences and continuous development practices, in close collaboration business, IT organization and COEs, Privacy, quality & security etc groups.
- Act as IT local escalation point, address employee service concerns and escalations from technology and process perspective, reroot to relative IT functions within IT RdU and/Or AZ IT technology services
You will need to have:
- Fluent in English , Spanish is a strong plus
- Experience leading Analytics groups / program supporting commercial, medical or R&D preferable in pharma environment
- Bachelor / Master Degree
- Demonstrated experience as Data SMEs /IT business analyst managing business engagement and relationship in data analytics and insights scope
- Experiences in Project management
- Experience in data integrations, data modelling, BI and data analytics and reporting (Qlik & Power BI preferred), exposure to data lake, Veeva CRM/SFDC, Query & Developpement (SQL, Python, ..)
- Pharma & biotech experience preferred
- Experience in advanced analytics, predictive analysis, AI/ML a strong plus for future internal opportunities
- Strong analytical skills and business process oriented. Attention to detail and ability to think strategically and see the big picture. Communication efficient at all level of the organization
- Innovative and autonomous leader. Strong team player, collaborator and networker
- Ability to operate in matricial environment.
- Role is office based
We would prefer for you to have:
- 10 years progressive similar experiences
- Proven track record of delivering strategy and solution on Data analytics, insights , advanced analytics, - Gathering business requirement, building data roadmap. delivering on objectives and influencing key business stakeholders in matricial and pharma environment
- SDLC , LMS, Project management/PMI demonstrated exposure and experience
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact [email protected] Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you're interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.