Payroll Manager - #4440894
Wallbox is a global company, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We do this by creating smart charging systems that combine innovative technology with outstanding design and manage the communication between vehicle, grid, building, and charger.
Founded in 2015, with headquarters in Barcelona and selling already in over 80+ countries, our mission is to facilitate the adoption of electric vehicles today to make more sustainable use of energy tomorrow. Our talent has no borders - we welcome over 900 Wallboxers from over 45 nationalities in Europe, Asia, and the Americas!
We’re now the first Spanish unicorn listed on the NYSE (WBX) and have been recently named amongst LinkedIn’s top 3 Spanish startups.
In day-to-day life, you will see our core values shining through our Wallboxers. The passion and dedication towards our mission will hit you the moment you walk through our doors - and there’s no feeling like it.
Our journey is not plain sailing - it requires proactive, flexible and top performing individuals who are committed to the world of sustainable mobility. But one thing is for sure - it's going to be a fun ride!
The question is: are you ready to change the world with us?
As a Payroll Manager, you will be a key member of our People Payroll Team, ensuring to define smooth and efficient payroll processes, from our headquarters, based in Barcelona, but for all the payroll processes stablished per entity (both national and international). We’re looking for someone to lead our payroll functions, as well to supervise and coach the payroll team. You need to be good with analytics, good resolving fast, and able to handle sensitive information.
- Oversee and direct payroll procedures, ensuring the current processes we have are the most efficient ones
- Define the payroll processes strategy worldwide
- Identify and recommend payroll processing updates
- Ensure we are full compliance and proper governance with applicable laws
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits
- Be update and train the team in new payroll, tax, and labour regulation news
- Collaborate with other groups of the People Team (Learning & Development, People Partners, Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Benefits, etc) being their consultant partner (resolve issues, answering payroll-related questions, leading payroll trainings, etc)
- Participate in the development and review of company policies
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports for the business needs
- BSc/BA in business administration, labour relations or related field
- 2+ proven experience as a payroll manager
- 5+ proven experience in payroll
- Familiarity with payroll software/ HRIS
- Experience in both national & international payroll
- In-depth knowledge of the labour relations regulations
- Languages: fluent spanish & english (C1)
- You are a problem solver, comfortable in partnering with employees at all levels
- Extensive knowledge of excel
- You are well-developed numerical financial, analytical and have high audit skills
- You are an impressive communicator and presenter with the ability to readily engage audiences and interact effectively with people at all levels
- Good with detail without losing sight of the strategy. Capable of being flexible and creative when required
- Half-day Fridays!
- 2 home office day per week plus flexible schedule
- First class private health insurance after your first month at Wallbox
- Free online language classes (Spanish & English) twice a week
- Flexible compensation valid for restaurants & food delivery apps, transportation, childcare, and learning & development.
- Hundreds of discounts in different brands & services with our Wallbox Circle benefits platform
- Car discounts & special advantages if you choose an EV!
- Smartpoint for all your online orders & services at our offices
- Free coffee & soft drinks
- Variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, at a discounted price at our canteen
Please submit you CV in English
- At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.