Rep-Account Development - #1159464
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
This person is responsible to manage a very strategic portfolio of key existing customers, using the suite of products available from the Global Commercial Payments organization and offering traditional T&E products & B2B solutions
This person will also design sell processes to work jointly with the account development team, selling strategic supplier payments solutions to existing key customers.
The person is responsible for building and converting a healthy sales pipeline in line with the business plan. Overall, responsible of client’s management and retention, sales strategy execution, results delivery, issue resolution and any other customer facing activity. Must be able to successfully balance customer satisfaction and profitable business growth.
- Execute the sales strategy and negotiate with clients at C-level in a compliant and professional manner
- Keep a strong relationship with all clients of the portfolio in charge
- Build and leverage relationships with key players within B2B space
- Build and manage an effective sales pipeline of quality targets focusing on Global and Multinational B2B opportunities
- Management and tracking of sales activity in ONEForce
- Identify and implement growth opportunities with clients and learn through experience from other colleagues
- Build and leverage an excellent relationship with Global and Regional account management teams
- Communicate and coordinate with support areas
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Able to travel up to 30%
- Extensive (10+ years) experience in Commercial Payment Solutions
- Executive Presence and Growth Mindset
- Solid leadership behaviors and strategic thinking ability
- Negotiation skills at C-Level in Corporate business and experience working with Global/Multinational customers
- Effectiveness in establishing relationships with cross-functional areas
- Ability to collaborate. Strong team player
- Proven Consultative Selling ability in B2B ideally within Global and Multinationals
- Strong financial understanding- Ability to understand company financials & how to drive insights into ratios & their impacts on growth/savings opportunities in payment industry
- Experience in corporate banking and/or International Trade Finance would be a plus
- English - Native/Biligual. Other languages will be a plus
- Expert in MS PowerPoint and able to use MS Word & Excel
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.