Principal Consultant Manager - #1159458
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind You will be a vital member of the Engineering team in the Power Consulting Business in Madrid, Spain. Reporting to the LPG Manager of Power Consulting, you will: Lead consulting assignments of high complexity in the different segments (utilities, renewables and industrial customers). Supervise project teams and establish good customer relationships. Participate in business development and sales leads to contribute to the business growth. Participate in the creation of consulting business strategy. Lead/mentor a small group of Junior/Senior consultants in their daily activities (less than 5).
- Consulting with the Business to lead the proposal of technical solutions to meet customer needs, approving assignment tasks and overseeing timely completion to high standards.
- Actively negotiating contracts to win major consulting assignments and leads sales activities with multiple local units. Providing technical support and guidance to the Sales team during offer preparation
- Supporting contract management activities (invoicing and work in progress, etc.), to ensure delivery of assignments as per the agreed contract
- Establishing a risk management strategy for consulting assignments and ensuring actions are taken to mitigate and control risks. Identifying opportunities for repeat and new consulting business.
- Establishing contacts at senior level, working with customers at a strategic level and coaching them. Maintaining and enhancing customer satisfaction by providing excellent service at all stages of the project
- Building strong relationships with internal and external networks to facilitate the exchange of technical knowledge and defining best practices for the business.
- Creating work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility. Ensuring quality timely implementation within targeted cost.
- Studying various advanced sources and proposing solutions for development of new processes and tools. Leading in the creation of new process and tools to enhance engineering effectiveness of business
- Coaching and developing consultants to deliver assignments with a focus on operational execution and excellence. Providing a role model for technical leadership. Developing relationships with external organizations and representing the organization in communications and conferences pertaining to broad aspects of consulting assignments.
- Driving performance to achieve agreed-upon financial targets.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A master’s degree in Electrical Egineering or Industrial Engineering. PhD Degree would be appreciated.
- More than 10 years of experience in Power System analysis, managing a small/large group of engineers with similar or lower level of experience. Customer driven Consultant with both technical and commercial/sales skills
- High level of experience in Power System software simulation tools such as: PSS/E, DiGSILENT PowerFactory, PSCAD, ETAP, NEPLAN
- Experience with different type of customer segments such as Utilities, Renewable Developers and Industrial Customers
- Deep knowledge of Power System complex phenomena such as transient stability analysis, EMT analysis, grid code compliance, relay protection coordination.
- Experience in dealing with customer technical challenges daily and able to propose scope for the evaluation of the possible solutions/alternatives to mitigate the risks or improve the system performance.
- Current valid work permit in Spain
- Fluency in Spanish and English (written and spoken). Other languages could be considered valuable
- Willingness to travel (Less than 10% of the time). Typically for meeting with customer to present/discuss sales proposals, for business development activities (customer scouting) and as project manager at the start of the project or trip for presentation of results.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
Ort Madrid, , Spain